deepmarch.myfastforum.org Forum Index
Author Message
<  Game 2.1  ~  2.1 - The Sins of the Hill
Dungeon Mistress
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:18 pm   Reply with quote
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 269
Location: The Crypt of your Desire

There is a slight breeze from the west and the sun is still present but it looks like the weather might be changing. You hear the sound of some type of bird of pray in the distance and the smell from the long burnt earth has a slight tangy smell to it as everyone stands around the celler hole.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Noodler
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:31 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2017
Posts: 111

*Bok looks at Raven and the others. Having never been the leader of any militia or raid party before, he is hesitant to speak. Combat is where he shines. However, in the absence of any leadership inherent within this new band of friends, he has a go of it.

"Raven want go pointed land. Me want go pointed land. Smell like death here. No reason stay. Count your rations. Follow."

*Bok moves with Raven towards the three mountains

_________________
Jump up the Pams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jilli
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:52 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 06 Jan 2017
Posts: 23

"Yes, yes Bok. We go pointed land."

Jilli looks up at the mountains, and the sense of dark dread increases. Her party wishes to press on, but she begins to acknowledge this may be her last adventure.

_________________
Poop on a stick!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raven
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:25 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 05 Jan 2017
Posts: 83

Raven looks at Jilli, "How can this be your last when we don't even know where we are?  If you want to go commune with the trees thats your own thing but I for one want to find a way home."  Raven gathers up her pack and walking staff and starts following the lumbering half orc through the woods.

_________________
"May Shar's grace and shadow cover you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dungeon Mistress
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:39 pm  Reply with quote
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 269
Location: The Crypt of your Desire

As you walk Jilli is able to pick up a few more different herbs and leaves that she recognizes more plants to add to growing collection for her healers kit.  The weather continues to get a little more questionable as the wind picks up slightly.  The group moves in a northerly direction for what seems like a long time eventually you break the line of trees to be presented with what looks like a fork or trident of rock at least 1000 feet in height.  The outcrops all come from the same base and seem to be made of a dark grey rock which seems to absorb the fading sunlight.  There seems to be an entrance at the base of the middle spike with a stone stair leading up to it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Raven
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:33 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 05 Jan 2017
Posts: 83

"Bok I am not sure if this place is any better than the burned village, something seems wrong here."

Passive Perception
Rolls: (1d20) 15 +2

_________________
"May Shar's grace and shadow cover you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raven
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:35 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 05 Jan 2017
Posts: 83

The shadows are not right, the rock is not right.... I just.... I just don't know..... Jilli do you notice there is no living green plants on those rocks?  I just don't know what is wrong with all of these locations we come to, I just feel pain, so much pain.  Its not right...."  A tear forms in Raven's eye as she looks away from the rock forms.

"Something not natural has happened here and I don't know what.  Ozk or Jilli can ether of you fell or figure out what has happened here!?"

_________________
"May Shar's grace and shadow cover you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noodler
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:54 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2017
Posts: 111

"Bok not know what happen here. But Bok know what happen here now....."

_________________
Jump up the Pams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noodler
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:55 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2017
Posts: 111

"Smash"



*Bok brandishes ghostslayer and heads towards the entrance

_________________
Jump up the Pams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dungeon Mistress
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:14 pm  Reply with quote
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 269
Location: The Crypt of your Desire

As you work your way down the small slope of broken stone.  As you approach the rough cut steps that work their way up to the entrance.  The stone changes from a type of granite to something else, dark and dull in color metal.  The whole mountain forks is made of it but doesn't look anything like the natural stone around it.

There are two stone pillars about five feet tall with bowls that could have been used for fire.  There is an inscription above the door in a dialect (Does anyone speak Silvan).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dungeon Mistress
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:55 pm  Reply with quote
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 269
Location: The Crypt of your Desire

Spoiler:



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dungeon Mistress
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:36 pm  Reply with quote
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 269
Location: The Crypt of your Desire

Deep March - Land Screaming (Anilah - Medicine Chant)
https://youtu.be/zHDrHRmaQjQ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Noodler
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:28 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2017
Posts: 111

*Bok does not recognize the language, but it could be because he doesn't read very well at all in any language. He's not sure. He also doesn't care. He's looking and sniffing for danger as he moves up the steps to the bowls/entrance.

perception Rolls: (1d20) 6 +3

"Me have good feeling about this being bad feeling"

_________________
Jump up the Pams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raven
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:45 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 05 Jan 2017
Posts: 83

Slowly approaching the first steps Raven examines the change in stone.

Rolls: (1d20) 17 +2 investigation - DC 10

_________________
"May Shar's grace and shadow cover you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raven
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:46 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 05 Jan 2017
Posts: 83

"This granite has been changed into pure lead!  The who mountain is lead this is not natural at all."  Raven turns back and looks at Jilli, "Druid, thoughts?"

_________________
"May Shar's grace and shadow cover you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noodler
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:28 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2017
Posts: 111

"What lead? Like big pencil? These mountain not scary. These mountain like school."

*Bok waits a moment in thought..

"Second thoughts. These scary mountains."

_________________
Jump up the Pams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jilli
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:31 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 06 Jan 2017
Posts: 23

Jilli is hesitant but she knows there are few choices.

She bends to the ground, grabs a handful of dirt and tastes it. It is bitter and lifeless.

"The mountains are no longer living. They may consume us, but we have no other option. We proceed."

Jilli begins to seek spells to help them as they travel this dark terrain.

_________________
Poop on a stick!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raven
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:33 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 05 Jan 2017
Posts: 83

Raven slides her staff behind her between the straps of the backpack and pulls her two billy clubs out and starts to ascend the stairs.

_________________
"May Shar's grace and shadow cover you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dungeon Mistress
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:35 pm  Reply with quote
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 269
Location: The Crypt of your Desire

Nature roll Jilli.

Rolls: (1d20) 13 +6  No DC.... success level determines what is learned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dungeon Mistress
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:12 pm  Reply with quote
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 269
Location: The Crypt of your Desire

Jilli places the dirt to her lips and feels a rush of energy as a vision overtakes her.

 
She is standing before the mountain of druids, a sacred shrine to their nature goddess Mielikki.  The trees around the mountain are burning and a small host of men in armor holding what look like guns standing before the entrance.  Several people in green, white, and brown scurry into the tunnel entrance of the shrine, a single man in what looks like priest robes stands at the top of the stairs.  He brandishes a coiled piece of metal that looks like a whip.  He swings it around his head and it becomes clear that the whip is a blade with multiple blades and glows a light green as it swirls through the air and slams against the ground sending unearthly sparks.

"Gertrude!  We tried to help you but the curse is to strong, you need understand the dye is cast, you asked for the secret, and the Vistani gave it to you and you turned your back!  Your doomed, we are doomed!"

A woman in ornate armor green and red armor stands forth, her angled nose, crown, and pleated blonde hair falls down from back of her head.  She holds up her right arm and removes a long leather glove.  "This!  This you promised to stop THIS, you said your Goddess and land would stop the creep of this metal up my arm!  You lied!"  The woman's hand and wrist are a dark cold metal, lead.

"My Sovereign, I from the bottom of my heart I feel for you but the curse they cast on you is stronger than anyone of my sect has ever encountered, as if the land itself is feeding it.  I just.... I just don't know."

"YOU DON'T KNOW!!!  YOU DON'T KNOW!!!?  Then I will find out, I will learn the secret of the Philosophers Stone!!! I.... I will learn the secret to immortality.... I will learn the secret of GOLD!  Now for you.... betrayer... I will give you a gift, you and your fools, damn you Goddess!"

"Sovereign you do not know of what you say..... please..."  The priest turns and runs inside the cavern entrance.

The armored queen walks forward to the first step of the temple and twists her mouth in a mask or rage.   "Now you feel it... you know my pain.... feel it you bastards... your so called Druids... now meet immortality!"

The woman slams her lead coated hand down on the first step and screams in rage as the touch of lead spreads forth from her.  Screams from the temple echo from with in as the entire three pronged mountain is transformed to pure lead.



The vision fades and somehow everyone has seen everything that Jilli has.  She shakes and rocks back and forth of her feet her eyes wide and in shock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dungeon Mistress
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:31 pm  Reply with quote
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 269
Location: The Crypt of your Desire

Spoiler:



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Noodler
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:39 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2017
Posts: 111

"You see dat? Me see. Me no believe."

_________________
Jump up the Pams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raven
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:45 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 05 Jan 2017
Posts: 83

"I do.  The blade he was swinging around his head spoke to me, it is the Esperblade and it is meant for my hand.  We must retrieve it from within.  It seems we are part of something larger here what that path might be I am uncertain but it has much to do with that queen we saw, the Sovereign."

_________________
"May Shar's grace and shadow cover you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noodler
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:36 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2017
Posts: 111

"You think be smashing inside?"

_________________
Jump up the Pams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raven
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:15 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 05 Jan 2017
Posts: 83

"As things are going yes... and that does not make me happy.  I feel we will meet High Druid Tanis is a state less becoming than how he was, that makes me a bit sad.  I will be honest my view of what is reality has changed more than I excepted.  Whatever we encounter be ready to kill it.  I feel it is mostly of the undead type."


_________________
"May Shar's grace and shadow cover you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2
deepmarch.myfastforum.org Forum Index  ~  Game 2.1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive

Powered by phpBB and Ad Infinitum v1.05
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum