deepmarch.myfastforum.org Forum Index
Author Message
<  Game 2.3  ~  The Stone Circle
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.
Posted:  






Back to top
Dungeon Mistress
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:55 pm   Reply with quote
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 269
Location: The Crypt of your Desire

With the setting of the sun the circle of light changes from a bright light to a soft moon glow.  The light seems to make the process of relearning spells to go faster as well as provide a full nights rest in just a few hours.  The group decides to make a night of it and Bok takes advantage of his new found magical beer stein, he just seems to keep drinking and eventually finds his way outside singing songs about Smashing and how pathetic Raven is.  Ozk, tells a few stories about the Undermountain underneath the city of Water Deep and the ancient people of Anauroch and their floating cities.  Jilli and Loren strike up a conversation about where they are from and Raven finds that Ozk's familiar seems to like her more now that her perspective on life has changed.

In the morning it is Determined that Loren should take the bag of holding and Raven the cloak of useful items.  Loren also decides to take the staff spear to give her a magic weapon.  Bok doesn't seem to hung over at all and keeps getting antsy from the moment the sun comes up damning, 'SMASHING TIME.'

After leaving the temple a broken path seems to go south and after a few minutes the path of broken stone and stone wall has a fork, Ozk looks at the direction and determines that it heads back to the destroyed village.
Spoiler:





Last edited by Dungeon Mistress on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Raven
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:39 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 05 Jan 2017
Posts: 83

Raven absently plays with the locket around her neck and seems a bit distracted this morning.  Walking down the path she seems to bumble a bit until she seems to come out of her inner focused haze.  "I say we go the left fork."

_________________
"May Shar's grace and shadow cover you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dungeon Mistress
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:08 pm  Reply with quote
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 269
Location: The Crypt of your Desire

There is a light breeze and the willow and alder trees sway sublimely as a deer further down the broken cobble stone trail walks in and out of view.  Nature is alive here and seems full and aware as you continue down the old road.  The calmness of the forest is something that is felt and seen until you find the path open up to a clearing where a ring of blackened standing stones, five in all, are erect and seemingly corrupted.  Strung through each stone is a burned out hole with a lead chain pulling through it.  The chains create a pentagram and in the middle of the star is a humanoid body strung through the chains.

It retches and tries to move continuously, straining against it bindings, its skin looks like burned and peeled flesh.  There is also a some sort of staff blade wedged through its upper chest and it seems the chains are wrapped around it several times, as if it is holding the whole system of chains together.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Noodler
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:18 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2017
Posts: 111

*Bok, unworried, moves towards the stones/body. Standing close enough to see clearly, and essentially close enough to reach out to it, Bok says >

"Want me pull blade out?"

_________________
Jump up the Pams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loren
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:54 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 18 Jan 2017
Posts: 19

"Yes, Bok. Do it! End the madness this poor soul endures. Whatever comes of it, we shall be ready."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dungeon Mistress
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:54 am  Reply with quote
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 269
Location: The Crypt of your Desire

"I can sense it is one of the undead so be ready for it, whatever it does. I can not sense it's strength." Raven uncoils her whip sword for the first time.

"I fight for you my love," she states as she absently touches the heart locket around her neck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Noodler
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:36 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2017
Posts: 111

*Bok sticks his tongue out at the lunatic Raven then reaches for the blade and tugs

"Last time no work out so hot for stone man. This time not work out for you."

*Bok pulls

_________________
Jump up the Pams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dungeon Mistress
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:46 pm  Reply with quote
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 269
Location: The Crypt of your Desire

Shadowcleave comes free of the 'thing's body and falls into Bok's hand, Loren hears a voice in her head, 'I am your to wield, take me.'
Spoiler:




The lead chains start to unwrap from the stones giving a heavy clanking sound as the body falls down where Bok is standing.

Bok athletics roll DC 15
Rolls: (1d20) 11 +5[/i]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dungeon Mistress
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:54 pm  Reply with quote
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 269
Location: The Crypt of your Desire

Bok rolls away just getting out from underneath the falling body and chains.

The body hits the ground and kicks itself up on his legs and gives a loud screech and its greyed hazed eyes fix on Bok and it exposes its rotten teeth in a death heads grin.  Its skin is lean and the muccles tight but a light green ooze seems to come out of pock marks all over its body.  The ripped shreads of clothing barely clings to its body as it spreads it arms wide and takes in the entire group and it starts to cackle.

Make a Wisdom save against fear DC 15.

Spoiler:



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Noodler
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:49 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2017
Posts: 111

Wis Save

Rolls: (1d20) 4 +2
  (do I recall a reason for adv on wis saves?) If so.. >
Rolls: (1d20) 16 +2

_________________
Jump up the Pams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raven
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:08 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 05 Jan 2017
Posts: 83

Rolls: (1d20) 15 +2 Wis Save


_________________
"May Shar's grace and shadow cover you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
deepmarch.myfastforum.org Forum Index  ~  Game 2.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive

Powered by phpBB and Ad Infinitum v1.05
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum